Sunday, August 14, 2011

How much is the minimum per month a Canadian man would be legally compelled to pay in child support


How much is the minimum per month a Canadian man would be legally compelled to pay in child support?
I live in Cambodia with my 7-year-old. My ex ran back to Canada a few months after the birth. Now he sends maybe US$10 a month, often nothing - the most he has provided is US$150 for a month. I want to know how much my baby is being shortchanged. He lives in Toronto, Ontario. I live in Cambodia with my 7-year-old. My ex ran back to Canada a few months after the birth. Now he sends maybe US$10 a month, often nothing - the most he has provided is US$150 for a month. I want to know how much my baby is being shortchanged. He lives in Toronto, Ontario. I am working three jobs to keep my kid in the best school I can. It's too much, I can't do it any more. I'm too tired. But I can't afford a lawyer or time off work to chase him.
Marriage & Divorce - 9 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It depends on how much he makes, $10 is def not enough by any means though. A friend of mine gets $400 from her ex every month.
2 :
Trailer park Betty said it best!
3 :
I know that within Canada there are enforceable standards, but in your case, I'm not sure which countries' child support laws would apply. You should consult a lawyer to find out what your rights are.
4 :
The law is the same worldwide, the minimum is nothing, but the maximum is that his income could be garnished up to thirty percent. The one thing that does differ worldwide is what they take into account when making that decision, but the rule is 0%-30%.
5 :
a little bit more than a asian man,but a little less than a welsh man
6 :
It all depends on many different factors. How much he is making and the Canadian laws. Cause you can have the courts here contact the courts up there to see if they allow such deductions. Please do not forget the different rates in currency. But it all depends on his gross, so that is hard to determine.
7 :
There is probably absolutely zero legal compulsion on him as he is not liable under Canadian law for a child in Cambodia, and Cambodian law is unlikely to cover Canada...
8 :
the child support would by the law in cambodia where the child lives...if u want to fight for child support under canadian law the child would have to have been born here and resided here for a period of time just because the father is canadian does not make him have to follow the canadian law of child support, it would be support according to the law of where the child resides so find out what the child support is in cambodia and im sorry to tell you, if hes in canada and ur in cambodia, u can get an order for him to pay in cambodia but its not going to affect him in the least in canada, there is jurisdiction problems and canadian courts are just going to say they have no jurisidction over a child in cambodia sorry
9 :
Actually I know this, I just looked it up. It's a formula based on how much he makes, it's pretty black and white and in five minutes with a calculator you can tell the child support levels in Canada for a divorce. http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/divorce/support/ Here is the link for Ontario. It's WAY above $150/month.






Read more discussions :