Thursday, January 1, 2009

How much does it cost to live In Cambodia


How much does it cost to live In Cambodia?
My friend told me that when she was there everything was so cheap that you could live well of off $100 a month!!! I am actually really interested in moving out of the US and looking for a place that I can retire. Whats the best place?
Other - Asia Pacific - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
An average salary in Cambodia is about a dollar to two a day, therefore it is possible to make a living for that much. Having said that: you'd be living in poverty. I've traveled through Cambodia in 2004 on about a $15 a day budget. That got me $2-$3 accomodations (very nice), about $3 daily to eat and rest went for expensive tourist stuff like entrances into Angkor Wat (which is $20 per day), beer, pool, etc. I'm currently semi-retired (I say semi-retired because I'm only 32 and for the last three years I've been traveling and looking for a place to relax for a few years and start a new life, new career, new business or something) and living in Warsaw, Poland's most expensive city. Having said that I'm getting comfortably by on about $800 a month.
2 :
its like realy cheap but it had a horibble past anyone who was thought to be smart was killed. Every important person was killed. Even if you wore glasses you would be killed. 5 million people were killed. half the population. Even now there are problems like hundreds of terorist. But it is realy cheap to live there. also a good place to retire to is loas. the people are friendly and its alot cheaper and more peaceful
3 :
Yes, It is possible to exist on $100/month in rural areas of many Asian countries, Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand, China, Philippines, India and others. The larger cities will be more expensive. However, most people raised in a Western society would hardly find such a life style acceptable. Go for it if you are comfortable giving up expensive luxuries such as travel, health care, bug-free room (not apartment), private bathroom, cell phone, meat, A/C, cosmetics, libraries, washing machines and hot water.