Sunday, October 7, 2012

How much would it cost to get vaccinated in Japan for a trip to SE Asia


How much would it cost to get vaccinated in Japan for a trip to SE Asia?
I live in Japan and I'm planning a possible trip to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam. I'm wondering if anybody knows how much it would cost to receive all the proper vaccinations and get a prescription of malaria pills.
Japan - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
go to the web site http://www.cdc.gov/travel/eastasia.htm There u will get a toll free number there is also an email form U can request your requuirements
2 :
call the Tokyo Medical and Surgical CLinic. Even if you aren't in Tokyo they can give you a rough idea. They speak English. 03-3436-3028.
3 :
Ask your Japanese friend to translate following webpage. The cost depends, however, most vaccin costs more than JPY4,200. And some need you a few times. The web site says you need at least 2 month before your depature for those injection and vaccinated.
4 :
I'm going to Vietnam this summer so I'm not sure about that one yet. For thailand and cambodia you need hepatitis if you dont have that. After that you just need malaria tablets, depending on where you go. Kinds of tablets vary, there are a number of them. The kind I got in Japan set me back 10000-15000yen I think. (I also got japanese enciphalitis (sp?) shot for like 5000yen but that was just for laos) It's a awesome trip, youre gonna love it! good luck





Read more discussions :