Monday, February 7, 2011

I really need your advice, should i ask my family or let the time goes on


I really need your advice, should i ask my family or let the time goes on??
i live in Cambodia,the place where we have to respect to family, specially mother and father, and sorry my english is not good. i and my girlfriend love each other nearly 4 years, i live in the city but my gf's family is a farmer. i work in the Hotel in City and she is seller in the market 291KM from me, we always keep contact each other on the phone,on my holiday we have made many good memories, that words cant tell you enough. but you know what? my mother say she didnt want me to marry to the farmer girl, poor family, when my gf know this she very upset, i really dont want her upset and now in my mind i think that i want to push my mother to engage me with her then we gonna marry next year cos within this 4 years we just a boyfriend and girlfriend. does my mother agree to this? How can i explain to my mother so that she understand about my love? what should i do plase tell me ???
Family - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't know the custom in your country but you are both old enough to get married without your mother's permission. Tell your mother that you want to marry this girl and would like to have her blessing but you are going to do it without her blessing if you have to.
2 :
sounds like you have to choose. talk to your mother tell her how your heart is filled with love for the girl you want to be your wife.And how happy marring with your heart would make you and in doing so what a wonderful family you would have with loads of beautiful happy grand babies in the future for her to be proud of.and if she still says no then yes you will have to make a choice your family or your heart.
3 :
I really pity with your situation right now. All you need to do now is to be strong, have faith in god and yourself hope miracle do happen. To me, status is not a big issue as we are suppose to be open minded and not too strictly tight up with the old tradition. No matter if the person whom we love is poor, not pretty or what so ever, it's the heart that counts. Even if your mother match you up to a rich girl and you do not like her, the marriage won't works. You have to explain to your mother that way but not to offend her. You could also get some help from someone close or reliable to help you in this situation. I'm a lady and i understand how your girlfriend felt when she knew that she can't marry you. Give your mother some time to think about it but do not push her hard. Just believe in fate. If the two of you are meant for each other, no matter which part of the world you are in, you will still be together one day. Let time decides.. Gd luck!
4 :
I live in US so it's different customs here. In US when a man and woman falls in love and they want to make a life together, it's they're life and they're concern. Family interferes at risk of being left out of the young couples life. You have a hard call my friend. Most people who do not follow they're own hearts tend to regret it no matter what part of the world they're in.






Read more discussions :