Sunday, November 21, 2010

your advice please, should i ask my family or let the time goes on


your advice please, should i ask my family or let the time goes on??
I really need your advice, should i ask my family or let the time goes on?? i live in Cambodia,the place where we have to respect to family, specially mother and father, and sorry my english is not good. i and my girlfriend love each other nearly 4 years, i live in the city but my gf's family is a farmer. i work in the Hotel in City and she is seller in the market 291KM from me, we always keep contact each other on the phone,on my holiday we have made many good memories, that words cant tell you enough. but you know what? my mother say she didnt want me to marry to the farmer girl, poor family, when my gf know this she very upset, i really dont want her upset and now in my mind i think that i want to push my mother to engage me with her then we gonna marry next year cos within this 4 years we just a boyfriend and girlfriend. does my mother agree to this? How can i explain to my mother so that she understand about my love? what should i do plase tell me ???
Singles & Dating - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Tell her your going to marry her and ask her for her blessing
2 :
This is a very difficult situation, and I empathize with you. I urge you to pray about it. Ask God to help you know what to do. I also encourage you to give it one or two weeks where you dont' see or talk to your girlfriend. If at the end of that time you still feel as strongly, then it might be time for a heart to heart. If you do talk with your mother, have a plan. How are you going to make sure that you and your girlfriend have a good life together? I am sure your mother is worried that a poor farm girl won't make a good wife. You must show your mother that your girlfriend is smart and capable and will do a good job as your wife. Also show your mother you have a plan for what you want to do with your lives together, so it doesn't appear that you are making a hasty decision. Best of luck to you.
3 :
It sounds like you love this girl very much, and as they say "love conquers all". I suppose that the only reason that your mother does not want you to marry this girl is because she is poor, and that is sad. I say, you should propose to your girlfriend, and when she says yes, get your parents aside and tell them the news. Tell them how much you love your girlfriend and that you will always love her. Also, let them know that you have and always will love them and you repect them very much, and appreciate all that they have done for you. But this does not change your feelings for your girlfriend, and that you hope that they will understand. Good luck to you and I wish you every happiness for the future.
4 :
It's very good of you to respect your mother, it shows you are a good son. However, she should not tell you who to marry, especially if the main issue is whether the woman you love has money or not. Maybe you should take your mom out to dinner and talk with her then, so she is not so pressured. When you talk to her, do it in a mature way and show her that you understand what you are doing. Hopefully she will change her mind. Good luck to you!
5 :
Tell your Mother because you respect her, you would like her blessing and that you realize she wants a happy life for you. Tell her this girl makes you happy and there is room in your life for her and your mother.Ask her to get to know this girl better.






Read more discussions :