Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My wife is humiliating me & my friends, but I can't understand why, and don't know what to do


My wife is humiliating me & my friends, but I can't understand why, and don't know what to do...?
I live & work in Cambodia now, but used to live & work for a very long time in the Philippines. I was single for a long time, and then my dad's wife set me up in a relationship with her cousin. Anyhow, when my friends from the Philippines came over to Cambodia for a while, my wife started acting strange: she would be perfectly sweet, nice, caring, and funny as long as it was just her and I in our apartment, but whenever my friends would ask us to join them for lunch or whatever, somewhere between our apartment and wherever we would meet them she would become aggressively spiteful & disrespectful. She would call me an asshole loudly with people around (people I know, too. You see, my friends were staying in the hotel that I work at while they were here in Cambodia), she would push/throw my hand away if I tried to hold her hand, she would refuse to talk to me, she wouldn't sit next to me, and wouldn't reply if anyone spoke to her. My friends treated it lightly and joked about it afterward when my wife wasn't around, but it was very insulting and unpleasant when it was happening: my friends were being very nice and paying for everything, all the restaurant bills, everything. My wife never said "thank you" or anything. After my wife and I would go home, she would be nice again, but when I asked her WHY she was being like that, she just said "Nothing" or "I don't know".... I can't understand this, and I don't know what to do. It's stressing me out and angering me to the point that I'm starting to think I wouldn't mind leaving her. She's raising my blood pressure & insulting my friends.... is this supposed to happen in a normal relationship? I was under the impression that a "significant other" was supposed to make you life EASIER and HAPPIER, not stressful and humiliating....
Marriage & Divorce - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
She sounds like she is on some sort of weird power trip and is trying to humiliate U in front of your friends, I would never do that to my husband and I would always be polite and say thanks. Tell her she had better stop doing that or U will put her in her place -- right on the street.
2 :
maybe she are jealous of your friends and see how close y'all are. just for awhile when you go out with your friends just leave her at home.
3 :
My guess is that she is behaving to you, as she has seen all her life, a woman treat her man in front of others -- like SHE is queen, and couldn't give a damn about him.... Does her mother treat her father with contempt, by any chance?







Read more discussions :