Sunday, May 1, 2011

Am I Spoiled ? Not bragging , pls read


Am I Spoiled ? Not bragging , pls read ..?
I am 17 , i live in Cambodia , my parents are very rich they are okhna ( a kind of rank give to a wealthy person in Cambodia ) , my father is in the Petroleum , Real estate and finance business , while my mother is in the diamond business , we also have a few resorts and a lot of Houses , apartment , empty lot for rents , the rents bring my family around 85,000$ a month , include all my parents income , they clear about 10 Milliions dollar a year , anyways let's get back to me , I drive a range rover sport 2010 ( eventhough I'm 17 , here in Cambodia they don't give a shit ) I have every apple gadget include the iPhone 4 I just bought , I have all kind of games , nintendo wii , ps3 , xbox 360 etc ..., they also gave me allowance of 5,000 dollars a week , however , surprisingly , I never ask for those stuff , the car and everything , I am a very good students or good child , I have 6 certificates of english , 2 of Chinese hanging in my room , I know one thing about my parents is that if I ask for something , I get it , but I never ask for something , my friend said I'm so spoiled , eventhough my parents rich , I'm not happy , we only have meal together once a week , they are so busy that sometime even if we live in the same house , i would only saw them about 5 mins and they gone to work , I'm off school , they are always at their company , I'm always at home eating lunch alone T.T , so I want to ask am I spoiled ? , oh and I never brag anything about my stuff . I'm serious , and please tell me how to make people stop misunderstand me ? They always said I'm rich and spoiled which to me I know I'm never spoiled , if I could trade this life for another , I just want a happy family where we could watch tv together , eating meal together and doing activities together , surprisingly that is the only thing I don't have , Happiness . Oh , eventhough my allowance is 5,000 , I don't need to spend it because , I hardly left home ,like I said I'm a very hardworking students , I have a few friends , they are my father business asscciate's son , if I have to spend , it would be on those cool gadgets , remember I told u I would get anything If I ask for it and I never did asked for something , because I always use my allowance to buy it for myself . About the charities , I did lot of of charities too , there is this one when my chinese school ask their their students to help donate money to the people of china who has been affected by flood , everybody in the class give an average of 0,50 cents that's about 2000 riels , I donated everymney I had on me that time that's about 500 dollars , and another time when this kids parents died and his family is so poor , the school to help again , I donated about 1,000 dollars and ask my parents to pay for the funerals , also when I walk on the street and see beggars who mostly are war veterans , they lost their legs in the war , I would give them as much as 20 $ , my friends said I'm crazy , also I adopted a homeless dog and 2 homeless cat , and I help selling t-shirts as a school project and use the profit to help old people twice too .
Friends - 12 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Who cares? Who's really going to read all that? You might be spoiled, but you're definitely self-absorbed.
2 :
You are but it is not your fault you should speak to them about it
3 :
ignore them mate, your just in a different situation to them, and they are jealous. who wouldnt be with pretty much anything you want at your fingertips :-) just dont act like a spoilt rich kid and they wont have an argument for it. and never go out with them and pay for everything if u can help it, they will end up using you for your money. although u could always send some of that dollar over to me if you feelin generous ;-) lol
4 :
well ive had to work hard for everything i had, i couldnt afford to study or to rent a room and had to move in with a friend. sometimes i miss a day of food, my mother works as a part time dinner lady and my parents are separated. in those conditions yeah i would say you are spoiled, and probably not grateful of how much you have or how hard it is for other people. maybe you should make some friends who arent from such a privaledged background - and meet people who really care about you. im glad you realise money isnt everything just try not to be materialistic and go out and have fun - its sad what you said about your family, but you could always make some good friends? im sure in life you will meet some really genuine loyal caring compassionate people who you can enjoy your life with.
5 :
definitely spoiled no questions. as for making people stop misunderstanding you..., well you sound like one of those guys who lives on a house on a hill who couldn't give a crap about anyone else. Use ur money to become popular, get to know people. Integrate with everyone, not just ur rich kid buddies.
6 :
"they also gave me allowance of 5,000 dollars a week" - If that isn't spoiled, i don't know what is. You are (Obviously) spoiled, but you don't seem to act like it, which is good because people who brag about all the things they own are seriously annoying. I think what you have put has proved that money does not make not make people happy. If you can't spend much time with your family try to spend it with your friends, and do more of the activities that make you feel good. Cutting your allowance is not the key, you should never have things taken away from you, it should of just never been so high in the first place. And remember, there are people who need that money much more than you... Hope I Helped
7 :
I find that very crazy. Almost hard to believe. Your allowance is 5,000 dollars? I'm 15 and mine is 20 dollars. And my parents both have high paying jobs, they want to teach me responsibility. With 5,000 dollars a week, there is nothing you can't buy. And my allowance that's for EVERYTHING except food and shelter. You are very spoiled actually, but it's not your fault. What you can do is tell your parents you are being judged for being so spoiled, and you want it to change. Have a yard sale and sell everything you don't need. I'm pretty sure they make the same games for several different systems. So you only need one or two. Then tell your parents to cut your allowance, for a 17 year old no more than 150 dollars should be needed, especially since they pay for your House And food.
8 :
Rich, definitely. Spoiled, maybe. Spoiled children use to brag a lot about their stuff, they are rude to other people, they consider themselves superior to others and they are really superficial. If you treat your friends like slaves, if you are rude to others and if you brag a lot about how cool you or your things are, then you are spoiled. But after reading your story, I don`t think you are spoiled. You should really talk to your parents, though. Tell them how lonely and unhappy you feel because you can`t be a normal family. You have to tell them that money, jewelry and shiny cars mean nothing to you if you can`t have a family that is always there for you, supporting you. You have to let them understand that you want them to show you love by talking or interacting with you, not by buying you stuff. Maybe you could go somewhere in a trip together sometime. Just make sure you let them know how you feel, OK? Good luck! :)
9 :
send me some money, to make yourself feel better :)
10 :
well many people experience the situation your experiencing like: they give you those stuff that you don't really ask for. you know some kids in here they're families are wealthy but they don't have time for them,there the kids would feel something is missing in they're life and this is the attention of they're parents (sorry if this doesn't help at all) means: "even thou your wealthy had everything but without love you can't live" well i think your parents are too busy on their work but DON'T worry maybe you would feel the life you wanted someday (hope this helps)
11 :
Um whoa that is a lot of money, anyways okay so think about if you were in the opposite position imagine your parents didn't give a sh*t about you, imagine your parents didn't have a job and a secure roof over you're head, you would still be whinging (i don't want to sound like a b*tch) But it's true at least your parents are out there working for money so they can support you. Money doesn't always bring happiness and you might not see your parents a lot, but isn't it a better feeling to know that your parents are out working, rather then selling them-self on the street and wasting money on drugs? Also don't worry about what people say or how they judge you, obviously they are just jealous, if you were pour people would still bully you, be proud that your parents have a good job, but not to proud that you come across spoilt. Be grateful that you're parents are still together, because from the outside you and your family are a hell of alot better off then some. Also if you feel guilty or spoilt for getting so much stuff, why don't you sell it and donate the money to charities for people who really need it.
12 :
You're not spoiled you're just rich !!! Don't listen to other people!! Some people at my school say that I am a spoiled rich kid, but the thing is that it's true!!! But I don't care!!! try to talk to your parents they'll probably understand!!! But remember that people can say thing that aren't true just because they're jealous!!!!!






Read more discussions :