Friday, January 1, 2010

How to shower without a shower


How to shower without a shower?
So... I'm an abroad student and right now I'm living in Cambodia which is a third world country. Im living in this apartment that doesn't have a shower it only has a sink, soap and a few towers since I'm on a low budget. How can I clean myself or take a shower when I don't have one?
Do It Yourself (DIY) - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
sponge bath
2 :
Wet the sponge and add enough soap, rub all over your body ( make sure always wet and with foams/bubbles ). Wash.
3 :
it`s v. hard
4 :
I had the same problem when living in PNG & the Solomon Islands. I didn't even have water connected - a bucket on the end of a rope thrown into the village well was my means of water. During the wet season it rained EVERY afternoon. I copied others & pulled a gutter downpipe away from the wall of the house I was camped in & would stand under the flow when it rained. It was very muggy & humid so it was not uncomfortable - that was how I had a shower & cleaned my teeth! When it didn't rain I had a bucket with a couple of holes drilled in the bottom. I'd fill the bucket & hoist it up above my head from a tree branch in the back yard. The water only dribbled out but it's amazing how long it lasted & how good a wash you can have from a normal plastic bucket.
5 :
Thats easy a couple decades ago india was d same!any room was a room able to become a bath room as long as the water goes out of ur room get a bucket an a jug, if ur bucket dnt fit d sink get a small pipe which u can use or do it d long way fill d jug dn the bucket!or go somewhere, where they have basic facilities!n borrow em.keep clean.
6 :
the first thing that came in my mind and the others' on this list is a bucket. Make some holes(small) in the bucket, fill it up, hang it somewhere and shower underneath it. This is an easy way to make a DIY shower, and a bucket is very cheap! And don't forget the swimming shorts. A improvised shower in the backyard ain't the most private location to clean yourself(in my opinion). Or if you live near an area with trees, you can buy some sheets of opaque plastic foil and hang those around the branches surrounding the "shower" for more privacy. Or try to use the showers from your highschool/college there in Cambodia.
7 :
Take a can put some holes in it and take it from there.







Read more discussions :