Sunday, July 1, 2012

how much would 20000 aus dollars last me in southeast asia


how much would 20000 aus dollars last me in southeast asia.?
i was planning on six months, but i would like to stay as long as possible. My trip includes malaysia, thailand, laso vietnam and cambodia. I will be living it cheap. Sleeping in hostels, Taking local transports. Just for you experienced folks out there. And tips would be cool as well. :)
Other - Asia Pacific - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
20,000.00 AUD = 16,737.62 USD ... becareful in malaysia...thailand vietnam n cambodia r cool.. vietnam is very friendly..your money may last six months in vietnam, cambodia, thailand..Have a good trip.
2 :
It's a lot of money to spend. I lived at KL Malaysia, before at Vietnam. Living cost in Malaysia are triple more. But you could find a lot more in Malaysia also. In a week me & wive spend VND 2 mill (US$ 150) while in Vietnam, its very cheap. But city buses I could not understand much. Taxi are very cheap, but use only Vina Taxi. Thailand most of it similar to Malaysia. Its easier to travel. Buses are comfortable. Meal cost only US$ 5-10. Cambodia, its very expensive for foreigner. I could not find single cheap spot when were there. They charge us foreigner with US dollar. Meal is US$ 10 to 15. Taxi would cost US$8-15, even Tuk-tuk will cost the same. And there is an extra US$ 20 to get out from this country. Cambodia offer much of good site to see, such as Ankor city. Have fun!






Read more discussions :